FACT Board of Directors Honors Carolyn Taylor for Years of Service
During its meeting at the ASH Annual Meeting in December 2016, the FACT Board of Directors honored Carolyn Taylor, PhD, for her many years of service and wished her congratulations on her upcoming retirement.
Dr. Taylor served as a Board member for 8 years, including 4 years as Vice-President. Her many other contributions to FACT include:
- Standards Committee Chair from 2010-2013 (also served as subcommittee co-chair and past-chair),
- Cellular Therapy and Cord Blood Accreditation Committee member,
- Regenerative Medicine Task Force member,
- FACTWeb Oversight Committee member,
- HLA Typing Accreditation Committee Chair,
- FACT representative for Worldwide Network for Blood & Marrow Transplantation (WBMT),
- Inspector (26 inspections performed), and
- Presenter/FACT representative at countless in-person and online events.
FACT and the cellular therapy community would not be what they are today without the time, expertise, and counsel Dr. Taylor selflessly gave to others. We wish her the fulfilling and enjoyable retirement that she deserves, and will appreciate the impact she had on our field for years to come.