FACT-SBTMO Cell Therapy Accreditation Workshop
July 31, 2019
This training workshop is designed to explain the requirements of the FACT-SBTMO joint cell therapy accreditation program in Brazil. FACT and SBTMO representatives will be in attendance to:
• Provide an overview of the FACT Standards and accreditation process
• Explain how to integrate quality management into clinical, collection, and cell processing programs
• Examine how to prepare for a successful inspection
• Summarize how controlling documentation can improve your program
• Review commonly cited Standards
• Outline the inspector orientation process
• Answer questions
This workshop is from 8:00 to 13:15 on Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
WMDA-NetCord & FACT Cord Blood Day at 2019 Cord Blood Connect International Congress
September 12, 2019
The World Marrow Donor Association (WMDA) and FACT are teaming up to host the pre-conference WMDA-Netcord & FACT Cord Blood Day, a workshop that incorporates sessions on trends in cord blood banking and harmonization of banking procedures, a Quality Boot Camp track, and a FACT Inspector Training Track. FACT accreditation serves as an important mechanism to maintain across-the-board uniform processes that are effective and assist with ensuring efficient bank operations.
Topics will include:
- Global perspectives of the regulation of cord blood banking,
- WMDA serious adverse events and reactions,
- Analysis of CD34+ and CD45+ cells in thawed cord blood samples,
- Analysis of cellular viability in thawed cord blood,
- Significant changes to the NetCord-FACT Seventh Edition Cord Blood Standards, and
- Essential Quality Management Principles
The afternoon offers two tracks:
- WMDA-FACT Quality Boot Camp: Sessions will examine cord blood unit selection strategies and core quality management concepts including risk assessment, validation, and auditing. Come prepared with your quality-related questions to ask the quality experts facilitating the session.
- FACT Inspector Training: This track provides training to new FACT cord blood inspectors on performing an inspection from start to finish. Sessions are accompanied by exercises and group discussions to practically apply lecture concepts to real-world experiences. Attendees training to be an inspector may attend the entire Cord Blood Day FREE in addition to free access to all other on-demand and in-person FACT educational events. Inspector trainees are required to attend the FACT Inspector Training track.
This is an excellent opportunity to network with the cord blood community and learn from experts in cord blood banking. We encourage banks to send multiple personnel to be able to attend both the Quality Boot Camp and nominate a member of your team to train to become a FACT inspector! Register before August 31st to receive the special advanced rate!
FACT Cellular Therapy Inspection and Accreditation Workshop at the ISCT North America 2019 Regional Meeting
September 12, 2019
This workshop in Madison incorporates instruction on the process of accreditation, FACT Standards requirements, and practical applications such as risk assessment and transportation issues related to cellular therapy. Several hot topics include quality management in novel cell therapies, environmental monitoring, and occurrence management. These sessions are designed to help applicants navigate the evolving changes in the field. The agenda also includes training for new inspectors with real-world examples and exercises to guide them through the inspection process. This is a must-see event for the following audiences:
• Blood and marrow transplant (BMT) programs
• Cell processing laboratories
• Physicians, scientists, and principal investigators
• Unit supervisors, laboratory managers, administrators, nurses, and medical technologists
The day includes an applicant track and inspector training track. Inspector trainees are required to attend the inspector orientation track.
We encourage programs to send multiple personnel to attend the various FACT events on September 12. The FACT Cellular Therapy Inspection and Accreditation Workshop is a must-see for cell processing laboratories, physicians, scientists, and principal investigators, and unit supervisors, laboratory managers, administrators, nurses, and medical technologists. The ISCT-FACT Quality Boot Camp, which takes place on the same day as the workshop, is essential for program quality managers.
ISCT-FACT Quality Boot Camp at the 2019 ISCT North America Meeting
September 12, 2019
Is your lab FACT accredited or looking to comply with FACT standards? Strengthen your quality management programs through this interactive workshop with FACT experts and real world applications.
Focused on issues identified by FACT compliant programs, these sessions will include activities and discussion regarding Document Control, Risk Assessment in the Processing Laboratory, Supply Qualification, and Audit Plans and Writing the Report. Come prepared with your quality program questions and leverage QA experts to apply continuous improvement to your own institution. This boot camp is applicable not only to academic labs but also relevant for commercial operations.
We encourage programs to send multiple personnel to attend the various FACT events on September 12. The ISCT-FACT Quality Boot Camp is essential for all quality and laboratory personnel. The FACT Cellular Therapy Inspection and Accreditation Workshop, taking place on the same day, is a must-see for Cell processing laboratory personnel, physicians, scientists and principal investigators, administrators and nurses.
ASGCT-ASTCT-FACT Webinar: Centers’ Experience with Implementing Commercial CAR T-cell Products – Part 2
September 25, 2019
The second webinar in this two-part webinar series will be on Thursday, September 25, 2019 at 11:00 am ET. Part two includes information from Dr. Joseph Alvarnas from City of Hope. Dr. Alvarnas will give his perspective as a hospital administrator in regard to the following:
• Agreements with Manufacturers
Significant Changes to the Seventh Edition NetCord-FACT Cord Blood Standards
October 23, 2019
This presentation will be on Wednesday, October 23, 2019, at 11:00 am ET. Paul Eldridge, PhD, Director of Cell GMP Facility at UNC Bone Marrow Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program, will describe significant changes to the Seventh Edition NetCord-FACT Cord Blood Standards, and provide examples for effective implementation.