It’s hard to believe that we’re nearly half way through the year; in seven months we begin “the 20’s!” In this month’s newsletter, you will see FACT’s upcoming worldwide activities! We hope to see many of you soon at the FACT workshop and quality boot camp at the ISCT annual meeting in Melbourne on May 28th and 29th. In June, FACT visits our colleagues in the north to host an accreditation and inspection workshop at the Canadian Blood and Marrow Transplant Group (CBMTG) meeting. July brings a trip to Brazil where FACT will host another workshop at the Sociedade Brasileira de Transplante de Medula Óssea (SBTMO) Meeting. As summer winds down and we head into September, FACT is excited to hold a special cord blood day with the WMDA-NetCord Cord Blood Working Group at the second annual Cord Blood Connect International Congress in Miami. Also in this issue you, is an article on inspector recruitment, and I encourage each of you to be recruiters for FACT and the community. Simply tell your story of all you derive from visiting programs including, networking, examples of practices to adopt, and intimate familiarity with the FACT Standards. As always, every season is Standards season, and FACT is preparing to publish the seventh edition of the Cord Blood Standards on October 15, 2019.
I’m preparing for an inspection in the new accreditation portal this month, and I think you will find the portal intuitive, fast, and consistent. I’m really pleased with it, and I hope you will be too.
Articles in this issue include:
- Prepare for the NetCord-FACT International Cord Blood Standards, Seventh Edition
- Growing Demand for FACT Inspectors
- The Countdown is on to Register for FACT Events at the ISCT Annual Meeting!
- FACT Partners with the Brazilian Bone Marrow Transplant Society on Accreditation Workshop
- WMDA-NetCord & FACT Cord Blood Day at the Cord Blood Connect International Congress
- New Volunteer Committee Members
- FACT Accreditation Portal Update
Dennis Gastineau, MD