By: Andra Moehring, MHA, FACT Standards Development Manager
The Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) has several committees to help FACT achieve its vision of being the premier organization setting standards and awarding accreditation to programs in the evolving field of cellular therapy.
In addition to other standing committees, FACT has a special committee for which we are seeking volunteers. We invite you to review the charge for the FACT Standards Committee and either nominate yourself or a colleague to serve as a committee member.
The FACT Standards Committee drafts standards and guidance for cellular therapy product collection, processing, and administration; and cord blood collection, banking, and release for administration, using evidence-based science and considering evolving uses of cellular therapy.
The committee’s goal is to provide clear and user-friendly FACT standards and effective transition between editions of Standards.
- 3 year term
- Minimum of 2 three-month periods with weekly or bi-weekly teleconferences
- Complete initial edits prior to the public comment period
- Review of public comments submitted
- Ongoing participation until the development of the next edition of Standards
The majority of the hard work is completed during subcommittee discussions that take place several months before the actual publication of the Standards. The experience and expertise of our volunteer subcommittee members is invaluable to the development of each edition of Standards.
Standard Development Schedule
FACT currently has four sets of Standards, with multiple subcommittees (e.g., Clinical, Collection, Processing, Quality Management, Immune Effector Cell) under each set. The Standards Development process for each upcoming edition of Standards is below:
- FACT-JACIE International Standards for Hematopoietic Cellular Therapy Product Collection, Processing, and Administration (July 2019)
- FACT Standards for Immune Effector Cells (July 2019)
- FACT Common Standards for Cellular Therapies (May 2020)
- NetCord-FACT International Standards for Cord Blood Collection, Banking, and Release for Administration. (January 2021)
Volunteers are an essential resource for FACT. Our success and accomplishments are directly attributable to the selfless commitment of our knowledgeable volunteers. FACT’s volunteers bring new ideas and energy to the Foundation. Your volunteering makes a difference in the organization and the cell therapy community.
Please submit your interest in serving as a committee member along with a description of your qualifications to Andra Moehring, FACT Standards Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2019.