Many of you in North America are tired of winter and cold, and we have some hot topics in this newsletter to get your circulation going. One topic is FACT’s contribution of comments to the CMS national coverage determination for CAR T-cell therapies. We hope the coverage will be clarified in a manner that covers the costs to the institution beyond the purchase of the product. Also, I invite all of you to consider volunteering for the Standards Committee for the upcoming revision cycle. This is very much a working committee, but there is no better way to know what’s coming and contribute to the community than through the making of clinically important standards!
As always, there are many educational events throughout the year. Review FACT’s educational calendar and register for an event today.
I look forward to seeing many of you at the ISCT Annual Meeting in Melbourne!
Articles in this volume include:
- Feedback Requested: FACT-JACIE Standards
- Trending Clinical Outcomes
- College of American Pathologists Recognized as an Accrediting Organization Providing Histocompatibility Services Appropriate for Hematopoietic Cellular Therapy Transplant Patients
- FACT Submits Comments to CMS Regarding Proposed National Coverage Determination for CAR T-Cell Therapies for Cancer
- FACT Remote Director Policy
- Additional FACT Volunteer Opportunities
- Education Events
Dennis Gastineau, MD