We recently celebrated the service of Drs. Ngaire Elwood and Kim Kasow, whose tenures as Vice President and Treasurer, respectively, concluded after an incredible 18 years of service combined on the FACT Executive Committee and Board of Directors. It is also my great pleasure to congratulate Dr. Joseph Schwartz for being awarded the ASFA Francis S. Morrison, MD Memorial Lectureship. As outlined in the newsletter articles regarding their service, all of these phenomenal leaders have contributed to FACT in many ways, over numerous years, and continue to do so. FACT is a better organization with their expertise and input!
I would also like to take this opportunity to welcome and encourage each of you to contribute to FACT also! This newsletter announces several ways to get involved:
- Submit your interest to serve on a FACT committee.
- Apply to become a FACT Apheresis Inspector and attend the upcoming inspector training workshop.
- Review and submit comments regarding the draft FACT Standards for Immune Effector Cells.
- Complete the FACT-JACIE Standards Feedback Survey.
- Attend an upcoming FACT education event.
Congratulations are also in order for the FACT Common Standards Committee, the FACT Technology Committee, and FACT personnel for publishing the third edition of the FACT Common Standards and launching a major upgrade of the FACT Accreditation Portal!! Stay tuned for more good things to come in 2023!
Catherine M. Bollard, MD